- Up to 4 mm increments
- Excellent cavity adaption, even in undercuts
- Conventional Flowable as liner is no longer needed - reduced complexity
SDR (Smart Dentin Replacement)
SDR Posterior Bulk Fill Flowable Base has handling characteristics of a typical “flowable” composite, but can be placed in 4 mm increments with minimal polymerization stress. It is self-leveling, which allows intimate adaptation to the prepared cavity walls.
SDR filling technique
Up to 40% placement time saving vs. layering technique
2. Capping Layer: Universal Composite
Complex Layering Technique
1. Flowable Liner
2. Increment 1: Universal Composite
3. Increment 2: Universal Composite
4. Increment 3: Universal Composite
SDR's flow-like consistency results in self-leveling and excellent cavity adaption.
Up to 60% less shrinkage stress
The unique and patented formulation of SDR leads to a controlled polymerization. A modulator was included helping the monomers to form a more relaxed network. This compensates the effect of volume shrinkage leading to less shrinkage stress (force). Therefore SDR can be placed in 4 mm layers avoiding the cumbersome and time consuming layering technique.
The ideal restorative for...
Reliable adhesion to dentin in high C-factor endo cavities
- Zero pre-test failures
- Reliable bond
"When high C-factor cavities are filled in bulk, the choice of the composite will be important in order to avoid adhesive debonding."
Van Ende / Van Meerbeek BIOMAT, KU Leuven (University of Leuven)
Better coronal seal
- Zero leakage into root canals
- Enhances the success rate of endodontic treated teeth
"SDR ensures a tight seal of the endodontic access cavity - an important factor for the long-term endodontic treatment success"
Prof. Dr. Schirrmeister, University of Freiburg, Germany
Simple, fast and reliable
- Increments up to the occlusal surface - no capping needed
- Universal translucent shade matches well to primary dentition
- Fast and easy application technique, ideal for children
"SDR reduces chairside time - a major advantage, especially when it comes to the treatment of children."
Dr. Vicky Ehlers, University of Mainz, Germany
- Flows easily in all fissures
- Precise application with canula
- Fast application
- Easy to cut - similar to dentin
- 4 mm depth of cure