There are several restorative treatment modalities designed for use with the Xive implant system. These will assist you in delivering the optimal solution to your patients. You can choose from concepts like platform switching that help you sculpture soft tissues; intraoral welding for creating chairside restorations; and fast and esthetic dentures for your patients requiring full-arch restorations.
Immediate loading and temporary restoration
Xive with the TempBase concept offers the option of creating fixed, esthetically attractive temporary dentures quickly. If initial conditions allow, TempBase can be used for single-tooth restorations and even for more specific, complex restorations:
- Simple – The TempBase 3-in-1 concept: placement head, coping for index impression and temporary abutment for the temporary restoration – all in one.
- Safe – The pre-mounted TempBase enables a prosthetic restoration without replacement of components (i.e., without additional risk) with immediate restoration and non-functional immediate loading.
- Fast – The prefabricated, accurately fitted TempBase Cap can be "clipped“ to form a base for a high-quality, implant-supported, temporary denture – then a temporary crown can be fabricated chairside.
- Economical – The multifunctional TempBase is included with Xive S – with no additional costs for a temporary abutment.
Prosthetic option on angled implants
SmartFix is an implant-prosthetic procedure for the immediate restoration for edentulous patients with screw-retained bridges or bar dentures in the upper and lower jaw:
- Avoiding critical anatomical areas – With the aid of angled implants, augmentations and critical anatomical regions can be avoided.
- Stable prosthetic fit – The prosthetic support base is extended distally by the angled implant position and hence optimal advantage is taken of the local bone.
- Optimal design freedom – The extremely narrow abutment head provides the optimal design freedom for the suprastructure in terms of height and diameter.
- Secure handling – The abutment components are pre-mounted on a seating instrument; delivery of the angled Xive MP abutments is facilitated by the short and flexible seating instrument.
- Using CAD/CAM-fabricated suprastructures – The angled Xive MP abutments can be optimally connected to Atlantis suprastructures.
- Positionable by index – The angled Xive MP abutments can be precisely positioned using the integrated hex.
- Platform-Switch – In combination with platform switching, the narrow abutments prevent a collision with the distal bone margin to the greatest possible extent.
Patient-specific suprastructures on transgingival Xive implants
With an Atlantis suprastructrue on Xive TG implants, it is possible to utilize all the benefits of a patient-specific restoration beyond CAD/CAM while profiting from cost-effectiveness. The transgingival implant design eliminates the need for additional abutments, and the one stage surgical procedure is time saving and comfortable for the patient.
Using the Xive TG implant, you also achieve high primary stability in all types of bone. The prosthetic restoration for Xive TG allows you to choose between an Atlantis suprastructures patient-specific implant suprastructure for a fixed or removable dental implant prosthesis.
- One stage surgery
- Time saving
- Cost effective
- Precise and passive fit
Numerous factors can affect the bone level and the health of the soft tissue surrounding a dental implant. Some factors are design-related. The use of diameter-reduced abutments, called Platform-Switch (PS), can provide the following results:
- Gained soft tissue volume – The consequent use of PS components shifts the transition between implant and abutment towards the center and creates an improved emergence profile; platform-switch is designed to increase the soft tissue volume, contributing to long-term esthetic outcomes.
- Improved preservation of crestal bone – The positive effects of PS have been described in numerous studies over the years and it is a commonly accepted concept. A Meta-Analysis published by M.A. Atieh et al. came to the conclusion:
"The marginal bone loss around platform-switched implants was significantly less than around platform-matched implants." *
* Atieh MA, Ibrahim HM, Atieh AH. Platform Switching for Marginal Bone Preservation Around Dental Implants: A Systematic Review and Mata-Analysis. Journal of Periodontology 2010;81(10):1350–66.
The Individual Esthetic concept
Individual Esthetic allows you to create highly esthetic results in just a few steps. Use the individual esthetic concept in your daily practice routine for:
- Perfectly attuned components
- Easier soft tissue management
Steps for an Individual Esthetic result
Step 1: Individually customizable surgical protocol – Thanks to the patented combination of the bone-specific preparation protocol and bone-condensing thread design, you can achieve outstanding primary stability, even in soft bone.
Step 2: Customized gingiva formers / provisional components – With the FRIADENT EsthetiCap, you easily achieve an esthetically high-quality provisional crown or bridge.
Step 3: Individual impression – Create an individual transfer post in just a few steps.
Step 4: Customized abutments – Fabricate customized, highly esthetic ceramic abutments with a metal core using TitaniumBase.
Immediate restoration on intraorally welded frameworks
WeldOne provides a stable, passively fitting framework for temporary or durable prostheses for immediate restorations – suitable for immediate or late loading. It is a fast and economical solution to deliver partial- and full-arch restorations on the same day of surgery.
The WeldOne concept is exclusively designed for dental implants made by DENTSPLY Implants and offers the following benefits:
- Meet patient demand for immediate restorations – Surgical procedure and prosthetic delivery on the same day of surgery.
- Significant time and cost reduction – Standardized protocol with specially designed components for a reduction of appointments to a minimum and the opportunity to reduce total treatment costs.
- Less risk of fractures on temporaries – Immediate reinforcement of the temporary by a titanium framework.
- Safe and predictable for immediate loading treatment – As a consequence of reduced mobility of implants due to immediate rigid splinting, the risk of implant failures during healing phases can be minimized.
- No additional impression taking of implants necessary – Simultaneous delivery of a titanium framework on implant abutments; takes advantage of the one-abutment-at-one-time philosophy in the case of abutment-level restorations.
Different fabrication procedures can be selected for this unique concept of prosthetic restoration:
- Temporary restorations on implant level.
- Temporary or durable restorations on abutment level.