For over 100 years Dentsply Sirona has been supporting dentists worldwide in their profession. Our trusted and comprehensive range of anesthetics enables dentists and hygienists to start every procedure right. At Dentsply Sirona we ensure quality at each step of the product’s journey from collection of active molecule till it reaches your office.
Oraqix, a combination of lidocaine and prilocaine, is uniquely combined with a patented, thermosetting system to deliver pain relief where it’s needed. Combining both of these amides into a single treatment provides dual benefits that are important for creating an appropriate anesthetizing effect--fast onset and a duration that should be long enough to work for the entire treatment.
Oraqix can put patients at ease eliminating the needle. In as little as 30 seconds, Oraqix provides sufficient anesthesia for most SRP patients, so dentists and dental hygienists can perform the procedure fast and effectively. And dentists and dental hygienists alike can be confident in choosing Oraqix because it is FDA-approved with a well-established safety profile. Oraqix is not for injection. Oraqix is contraindicated in patients who are hypersensitive to local anesthetics. Oraqix should not be used in patients with congenital or idiopathic methemoglobinemia.
Oraqix is available in boxes of individually packed 20 cartridges and blunt tipped applicators of 1.8 ml. It is available at your local dealer with Dentsply Sirona part number 6631211020.
Oraqix can be applied only with its own dispenser which is available with your local dealers. It is very easy to use, lasts for years and can be steam autoclaved. Dentsply part number for the dispenser is 66400.
Please refer to the full prescribing information under resources to know more about Oraqix.
- Ensures returning patients who experience reduced pain and increased comfort with needle free Oraqix.
- Oraqix can be used for one or multiple tooth or even for full mouth scaling and root planing.
- Fast onset in 30 seconds with duration of 20 minutes approximately.
- Easy to set up and use with pre measured packaging and gel staying in a specified area and no messy drip-off.
- Safe for inflamed tissues and can be reapplied to same pocket for up to 5 cartridges.
*Handbook of Local Anesthesia – SF Malamed, sixth edition