When working with Lucitone Digital Print Denture resins, it is important to follow the handling instructions to make sure the lifespan of the material is not impacted. All Lucitone Digital Print Denture resins – Lucitone Digital Print™ 3D Denture Base, Lucitone Digital Print Value™ 3D Economy Tooth & Trial Placement and Lucitone Digital IPN™ 3D Premium Tooth - can be recycled and reused up to 5 months when being used with a Carbon® M-Series Printer1 and up to 3 months when being used with an Asiga MAX™ UV & PRO 4K™ Printer2.
Improve your cleaning process by following these tips:
1. Use ≥ 99% Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA) for first and second wash. The use of lesser concentrations of IPA can result in improper cleaning of excess resin, and result in whitening/discoloration.
2. Confirm only Lucitone Digital Print™ (LDP) is being washed in each container. Washing multiple materials (ex: model resin and LDP) in the same container could result in cross contamination and whitening/discoloration. Do not wash Lucitone Digital IPN denture teeth in IPA that was used to clean Lucitone Digital Print™ 3D Denture Base.
3. Follow cleaning instructions for the ultrasonic cleaner. As instructed in the IFU, always perform both the first and second wash cycles. Using an ultrasonic bath, wash for 2 minutes (first cycle), then wash for 1 minute (second cycle). The container should be closed when placed in the ultrasonic bath. Wash each denture individually. Ensure all excess resin (appears white) is brushed away using a brush soaked in clean ≥ 99% IPA in between the first and second wash. Use fresh IPA for the second ultrasonic wash. Prolonged exposure to IPA could cause changes in the physical properties and discoloration. When using a brush to wipe away remaining resin, always use a brush soaked in clean ≥ 99% IPA.
4. Do not use a steam cleaner on the digital denture. The use of a steam cleaner can cause whitening/discoloration of the finished and polished denture. Dentsply Sirona recommends the use of an ultrasonic cleaner.
Improve your Fuse & Cure process by following these tips:
1. Confirm correct use of Lucitone Digital Fuse™ Steps 1, 2 & 3 Total for the bonding process. When using Lucitone Digital Fuse™ Step 1 3D Tooth Conditioning Agent with DS Multilayer PMMA denture teeth or IPN 3D™ Digital Denture Teeth, allow the teeth to air dry for 2 minutes. Do not wipe dry. When using Lucitone Digital Fuse™ Step 2 3D Denture Bonding Resin, ensure that each tooth is tack cured for 10 seconds. Ensure that Lucitone Digital Fuse™ Step 3 Total is applied to the cervical areas of all carded teeth or milled teeth (avoid thick application or puddling). Ensure that Lucitone Digital Fuse™ Step 3 Total is applied to the entire surface of printed teeth (avoid thick application or puddling). Ensure that all excess Lucitone Digital Fuse™ Step 2 3D Denture Bonding Resin is removed before tack curing and final curing.
2. Follow validated tack curing and curing procedures for the Lucitone Digital Print Denture™ System. Inadequate tack curing or final curing can cause an air inhibition layer to be formed, which can lead to whitening. Validated curing units are the DS Digital Cure Large Capacity Unit, DS Digital Cure unit and the inLab Speedcure® unit.
3. DS Digital Cure Large Capacity Unit Precuring Step. After applying Lucitone Digital Fuse™ Step 3 Total or Step 3 3D Sealer to printed denture teeth, tack cure the denture teeth prior to final curing in the DS Digital Cure Large Capacity curing unit using the UV Tack-Cure Light. For 1 minute, rotate the arch under the UV-Tack Cure Light ensuring light exposure to all tooth surfaces. The sealer will be slightly sticky/tacky to the touch - avoid excess handling.
4. Follow curing unit cool-down procedures. It is important to leave the digital denture(s) in the curing unit for the entire cool-down timeframe. Removing prematurely could result in the denture(s) not being fully cured which can lead to whitening and discoloration:
Both Lab and Clinician determine the final denture design & finishing preferences with a Try-In. The Try-In is also used as a diagnostic tool to evaluate fit, phonetics and function of the final denture. Dentsply Sirona recommends using Lucitone Digital Value™ 3D Economy Tooth & Trial Placement material for printing of denture Try-Ins.
Our validated materials and workflows establish process consistency and product confidence to deliver accuracy, efficacy, and repeatable results. With Lucitone Digital IPN™ 3D Premium Tooth, labs can meet the accelerating demand for premium denture teeth with esthetics built into the workflow. Many of the common problems for final dentures are the same as for Try-Ins. However, some of the causes have important differences. For any reason to improve the denture, you can find useful tips & tricks in this chapter.
Please contact a Dentsply Sirona representative to find out more about Lucitone Digital Print Dentures.